Looking for something a little more nutritious to offer your guest during the festive season? Check out this recipe for Cheesy Kale Chips. Low carb, high fibre, vegan and absolutely delicious. You don’t even have to feel guilty if you end up eating the entire bowl to yourself!
This recipe calls for nutritional yeast. Nutritional yeast can be found in the health food section in most supermarkets. Alternatively, ask your local bulk food store to point it out if you’re unsure. You’ll definitely want to stock up on this delicious and nutritious ingredient.
You will need:
- 5 large kale leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 200c
- Tear kale leaves into small pieces, removing stalks
- Toss in olive oil
- Spread evenly over flat baking tray and sprinkle with nutritional yeast and a pinch of salt
- Bake for 5 mins
- Toss leaves and bake for another 2-3 mins – checking occasionally
- Chips are ready when they are crispy but not yet brown
- Allow to cool
- Serve and enjoy!