Chia seeds are a nutrient powerhouse. They’ve been dubbed a superfood and its any wonder! They contain a high concentration of the omega-3 fatty acid, alpha-linolenic acid – wonderful if you are vegetarian/ vegan or don’t enjoy fish. They also contains a significant concentration of dietary fibre, protein, calcium, magnesium, iron, and antioxidants.
This dish is perfect for breakfast on a hot summer’s day or as very substantial snack. As it’s high in protein and good fats you’ll be feeling full for the whole morning!
You will need:
- 1 ½ tablespoons of chia seeds
- ½ cup almond or coconut milk
- 2 small mango cheeks
- 1 tablespoon of coconut flakes
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Dice mango and place into serving bowl
- Add coconut flakes, chia seeds and almond milk in bowl
- Stir thoroughly then cover and set aside in fridge for at least one hour, overnight if possible
- Top with fresh fruit and 2 tablespoons of chopped nuts
Makes one serve