This has got to be one of the easiest recipes to make and so addictive…beware! It’s also even better the next day.
I love chocolate. You’d probably know this if you’ve been following me for a while, as many of my recipes are healthy chocolate recipes. This brownie is high in fibre, protein, good fats and antioxidants – um shall we say it’s a super food maybe? It’s pretty damn hard to stop at once piece, lucky it has got so many health benefits attached to it.
I’ve used Dutch cocoa as I found it the other day in my local bulk foods store, and I was super keen to try it. It’s got a super-rich chocolatey flavour and goes great in this recipe. If you can’t find it, don’t worry, regular cocoa or cacao is fine to substitute.
You will need:
- 5 medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 small sweet potato
- 120g canned black beans
- ½ buckwheat groats
- ½ cup Dutch cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of almond butter
- Peel sweet potato and cut into small cubes. Roast at 170˚C until golden brown. Pull out of the oven and allow to cool.
- Weigh and measure the rest of the ingredients and place into a food processor along with cooled sweet potato.
- Process ingredients until smooth
- Transfer into a small baking tray (approx. 2 -3 x 15 x 20cm)
- Bake at 170˚C for 20 mins.
- Allow to cool and slice into approx. 10 – 12 pieces.