This recipe was developed so that I could send my little one to kinder with tasty, healthy snacks in her lunchbox…without nuts. These bliss balls are naturally high in fibre and refined sugar free, sweetened with just dates and a little honey.
This recipe makes 10 – 12 balls. You can of course double the quantities and freeze them, so you’ve always got some healthy snacks on hand.
You will need:
- ½ cup dates
- 1 cup oats
- ½ cup desiccated coconut, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Place oats and dates in a food processor and process until they are combined
- Transfer oats and dates to a mixing bowl along with half of the desiccated coconut
- Stir in melted coconut oil, honey, vanilla and salt (use hands if desired)
- Roll out 10 – 12 balls
- Coat each ball in the leftover coconut and place them on a board and into the fridge to set
- Store in an airtight container for 5 days or freeze for a month