A bowl full of gut loving vegetable goodness.
Serves 1 | Cooking time: 30 minutes
As a society, we just don’t eat enough vegetables. It’s so important to get them into our day as much as we possible can. They are so beneficial to our health, containing a variety of vital nutrients and fibre. Both of which are essential for good health and wellbeing.
Aim for 5 or more serves of vegetables each day and make sure you’re getting a range of colour on your plate throughout the day. This will give you greatest chance of obtaining a variety of nutrients from your food.
10x2mm slices of sweet potato
1 tablespoon olive oil
200g chickpeas, wash and drained
1 teaspoon chipotle seasoning
¼ avocado, mashed
2 handfuls of spinach
1 tablespoon cashew cheese
2 tablespoons sauerkraut
- Preheat oven to 180˚C
- Place sweet potato slices onto a tray with 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Bake for 10 minutes then remove, turn potato and place back in the oven for a further 5 – 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, wash and drain chickpeas and sprinkle with chipotle seasoning
- Place chickpeas on a separate lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 5 – 10 minutes
- Once sweet potato begins to brown, remove from oven along with chickpeas and set aside
- Prepare avocado by mashing with a squeeze of lemon juice and salt to taste
- Wash and dry spinach and place in serving bowl
- Place sweet potato and chickpeas in serving bowl and top with avocado, cashew cheese and sauerkraut