Frittata has to be one of the most versatile meals. You can have it for breakfast, lunch or dinner and probably even a snack too! Eggs are a great source of protein and a frittata is the perfect way to use up leftover vegetables at the end of the week.
This recipe of course is packed full of delicious mushrooms and onions, but you can certainly swap these out and pop in what ever you’ve got left in your fridge at the time.
Make sure you use a fry pan that can be transferred to the grill.
You will need:
- 1 onion
- 1 cup assorted mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons dill
- ¼ cup grated cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for cooking
- Finely slice onion and add to a warm fry pan with a little olive oil, cook until onion begins to soften
- Slice mushrooms and add to fry pan along with onions and then crushed garlic
- Cook vegetables until mushrooms are tender
- Meanwhile, beat eggs, then combine with milk, dill and cheese
- Pour egg mix into fry pan and turn heat to low
- Cook on stove top until the base begins to brown
- Transfer to a preheated grill and cook until top begins to brown and bubble
- Remove from grill and set aside for 5 minutes before cutting