There’s nothing better than a delicious warming dessert during winter. This crumble is really low in sugar, only sweetened by the smallest amount of brown sugar in the crumble. The rest of the sweetness comes from the delicious apples that have released their natural sugars during the cooking process.
You may enjoy this one for dessert even for breakfast the following day! Top with a dollop of your favourite yoghurt and enjoy.
You will need:
- 6 green apples, peeled and roughly chopped
- ¾ cup oats
- ¼ cup wholemeal flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- Extra cinnamon and nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 170˚C
- Peel and chop apples and place into a shallow baking dish approx. 10x15x2 in size and sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes
- Meanwhile, add oats, wholemeal flour, brown sugar, chia seeds, walnuts and extra cinnamon and nutmeg to a mixing bowl, combine
- Add EVOO and combine
- Remove apples from oven, pour crumble over the top and push down gently
- Place back into the oven for another 15 minutes or until golden brown
- Remove from oven and serve with your favourite yoghurt, or save for breakfast the following day!