I have used TEFF flour to create this recipe. Teff is a gluten free grain that’s full of goodness. It’s a great alternative to wheat flour and really easy to work with.
These pancakes are super light, very tasty and the perfect start to the day as they’re excellent source of protein and fibre as well as being a good source of iron, magnesium and calcium from TEFF!
Make sure you check out Outback Harvest for everything Teff related. They have a great range of teff products that I highly recommend you try out if you’re looking for a great gluten free alternative to wheat.
You will need:
- 1 small banana, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 carrot, finely grated
- 1 handful walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup teff flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
What to do:
- Mash banana in a mixing bowl, add egg and combine thoroughly
- Finely grate carrot, add to mixing bowl along with chopped walnuts, milk, cinnamon and nutmeg, combine
- Add teff flour and baking powder, stir until well combine then set aside
- Preheat large fry pan on a medium heat
- Spoon a portion of the batter into a hot fry pan, flip once bubbles appear on the surface
- Cook pancake for a further 1 – 2 minutes on the other side and then repeat for the remaining batter
- Top with yoghurt and a little honey or sultanas for an extra bit of sweetness